Following the binding registration by completing the registration form on your part and return confirmation from us you must transfer the registration fee within the next 14 days. The programme fee, depending on the length of your stay, must arrive in our bank account at least six weeks before your arrival.
- Registration fee: 200 €
- Programme fee: 100 € per week/ 150€ per week for accommodation in a single room
The registration fee includes:
- Finding a project regarding the wishes and ideas of the volunteers/interns
- Pre-arrival support
- Transfer (pick up from and drop off to airport/bus station)
- Orientation tour in Arusha
- Taking to the project on the first day
- 50 € project donation*
*Unfortunately, there are things you can not buy with time and good will. Teachers need their salaries, (animal) food and medical bills must be paid. That’s why we decided to donate ¼ of the registration fee to the project you will be working in. The projects will receive, according to their need either cash or in-kind donations from Viva Tanzania.
The programme fee includes:
- 24/7 in country-support
- Accommodation in a dorm, single room available for extra charge (see above)
- Breakfast and dinner, lunch is usually provided in the projects
Additional cost you should keep in mind:
- Tourist visa to enter the country 50$ (100$ if you are American)
- Volunteer/Intern Visa starting from 200$ for three month
- Airline ticket, vaccinations, insurance,…
- See FAQs regarding pocket money
You are in Arusha for some time but don’t want to work in a project? Then the Nyumbani Hostel (www.nyumbani-hostel.com) is the right choice for you. You will be accommodated in the same building as the volunteers and interns paying 15 € per night per person for breakfast and dinner (+ optional 2€ per night for internet). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and bookings.