Following the binding registration by completing the registration form on your part and the return confirmation from us, you must transfer the registration fee within the next 7 days. The programme fee, depending on the length of your stay, must be paid at least six weeks before your arrival.
- Registration fee: 200 €
- Programme fee: 110 € per week/160€ per week for accommodation in a single room
The registration fee includes:
- Finding a project regarding the wishes and ideas of the volunteers/interns
- Pre-arrival support
- Transfer (pick up from and drop off to airport/bus station)
- Orientation tour in Arusha
- Visiting the project on the first day
- 50 € project donation*
*Unfortunately, there are things you can not buy with time and good will. Teachers need their salaries, (animal) food and medical bills must be paid. That’s why we decided to donate ¼ of the registration fee to the project you will be working in. The projects will receive, according to their needs, either cash or in-kind donations from Viva Tanzania.
The programme fee includes:
- 24/7 in-country support
- Accommodation in a dorm, single room available for extra charge (see above)
- Breakfast and dinner
Additional costs you should keep in mind:
- Volunteer/Intern Visa starting from 250$ for three months (300$ if you are a US citizen)
- Airline tickets, vaccinations, insurance etc.
- See our FAQ regarding spending money
In Arusha for a while but don’t want to work in a project? Then the Nyumbani Hostel (www.nyumbani-hostel.com) is the right choice for you. You will be accommodated in the same building as the volunteers and interns paying 15 € per night per person for breakfast and dinner (+ optional 2€ per night for internet). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and bookings.